Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pizza Hut changed their name--WTH?

Upon checking my buckeye email this morning (to see if the golf coach sent email), I came across this "Pizza Hut is now Pasta Hut!" WOW, so I open it and this is what it says:

PASTA SO GOOD WE CHANGED OUR NAME! www.newpastahut.com

Our new Tuscani Pastas are so good, we decided to change our name to Pasta Hut. Try both delicious flavors, Meaty Marinara or Creamy Chicken Alfredo.
Finally, restaurant quality pasta delivered right to your door! Feeds 4 and comes with 5 breadsticks for only $11.99. Dinner's done!

I'm not a fan of Pizza Hut, but my family sure is. Do they think their pasta is THAT GOOD? When I think of "Pasta" restaurants in this area, I think of "Olive Garden"--yummy.

Here in Bedford we have sooooo many pizza places to choose from you'd think instead of being "Mule Country", we'd be "Pizza Palace".

What do you think?

9 comments:

Phyllis said...

sounds like a marketing ploy to me. Too much equity in the Pizza Hut name, unless they are changing the entire focus of their business. Maybe as a sub-brand or a secondary stand-alone brand it'd work.

(I'm doing equity and brand work right now, so I'm seeing this stuff regularly)

Cheryl Engfer said...

Ya think?
I think it would be restaurant suicide. With that name people will think they don't sell pizza anymore. 1st thing Austin said "what their not making pizzas?"

Phyllis said...

I've been checking all my business sites--nothing posted that it's permanent (which doesn't mean it isn't but...you'd think there'd be articles on something that significant).

Got your check. Matt had a scrimmage. Felt more like a hockey game (ice rink) than a baseball game. BRRRRRRR

Cheryl Engfer said...

Oh good, I worried leaving it at the door but wouldn't dare put it in the mailbox!

Did your neighbor tell you we came to their house first? LOL Lil Berger told us the wrong house. Well, right in his mind if I was driving in England!

Phyllis said...

Depends on which neighbor. If it was the huge house next door, I'm sure she'll say something next time I see her. If it was one of the other 2--I've never actually spoken to anyone there...I know, so not me...

Phyllis said...

Hopefully I'm not multiple posting--my computer keeps signing me out today!

I did some more checking on your original post (google.com news; search for Pizza Hut). Apparently, this was part of a rather elaborate April Fool's day gorilla media campaign really intended to launch their new pasta menu. Several articles out there on the topic.

Angie Weid said...

I'm not a big fan of Pizza Hut, though I cannot imagine they would change their name. It has got to be a marketing ploy.

So, has anyone tried their pasta?

Anonymous said...

I just can't get the image of a hut made out of pasta. I would like to live there. Actually...I would prefer living in a hut made of Krispy Kreme donuts or chocolage chip cookies...mmmm...cookies....

Oh...what were we talking about?

Tracee Swank, Coach said...

PastaHut makes Krispy Kremes now?